Favorite Places

My two favorite places that I will be discussing are the Colorado Rocky Mountains and Central Park in NYC. Backpacking is just one of my many hobbies and I recently took a trip to the Rocky Mountains and backpacked for a week there. It was absolutely fantastic! There is nothing like camping and being outdoors away from all the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Heaven is truly a place on earth when you're outdoors. This is a picture of Hallett Peak and Dream Lake.
(Hallett Peak and Dream Lake: NPS)

From my trip to NYC over the summer, Central Park was one my favorite places. It was amazing to me that in such an active city, there were still places that you could go that made you feel like you weren't in the city. It was also cool to see so many people taking advantage of the public space doing all sorts of activities. Whenever I go back to NYC, Central Park will be a definite go to place to visit again. Here is one of the many pictures that I took of Central Park. 
(Photo by me)

Comments

  1. What a lovely central park photo, Casey! That part is like a forest in the city -- and in both of the epics, forest exile is a part of the heroes' adventures... which sometimes includes treks up into the mountains, the abode of the god Shiva among others. Maybe you will want to explore stories of sacred places in the Himalayas, like Shiva's home on Mount Kailash. The Rockies have their legends, and so do the Himalayas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put your Central Park picture in today's announcements (Tuesday)! Picking things from the blog stream to include in the announcements is one of the fun things I get to do every day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous. That is awesome Casey. By the looks of it from that photo the Colorado Rocky Mountains looks so beautiful. It would be exciting to go backpacking up those mountains. I have only been to Colorado once and it was in Colorado Springs. It is a beautiful place and I hope to go back their soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey,

    I can tell you are super into nature, and that is awesome. You seem so adventurous, a quality I definitely admired. When I was researching my next step in life, I considered moving to Colorado just because of how gorgeous it is, but then I remembered I absolutely hate cold weather. I probably wouldn't last long. Your backpacking trip, however, sounds incredible so that is definitely an option for me to do so I can at least see the gorgeous state in person at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Casey! I have been all over the Rock Mountains throughout the United States but oddly enough I have never actually been to Rock Mountain national park! I share your love for hiking. My wife and I have hiked well over 100 miles together in the past year and there is just always something new to see. It never gets old.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Casey Buller not Bueller