Week #3 Story: The Jedi and the Princess

One day, in a galaxy far far away, there was a Jedi who went by the name of Rama. Rama was a skillful warrior who was powerful in the ways of the force. To complete his Jedi training, he was required by the Jedi council to go to the planet of Alderaan and protect the princess. He was sent to protect her because a group of bandits are threatening her family. Naturally, the people of Alderaan are pacifist, so in the event that something happened, they would not be able to defend themselves. This is why Rama's mission was so important because he was the only thing protecting the princess from the bandits, if they attacked. 

As Rama arrived to Alderaan, he was greeted by the royal family and was introduced to the princess. As soon as they met each others eyes, they fell in love. Realizing that they were just staring at each other, they became embarrassed and blushed. King Janaka introduced Jedi Rama to Sita formally and then they continued on to the royal feast. As the days went on Rama and Sita got to know each other better. Finally, one day the bandits attacked and they desecrated one of the Alderaan temples and then left. The people of Alderaan were devastated and mourned for their loss because the temple was dedicated to their most important god, Shiva. 

Later, King Janaka announced to all the people of Alderaan that if anyone could rebuild the temple, then they could be granted one wish. He warned the people that the work would require great dedication and strength and no ordinary man could do this. Seeing this as a challenge, Rama took the king up on his offer and attempted to rebuild the temple. He worked day and night for one week and brick by brick the temple was put back together as it was before it was desecrated. The people surrounded the temple and celebrated that it was rebuilt. King Janaka rejoiced that the temple was rebuilt and when he asked Rama what he wanted, he simply said,

"I wish to ask for your daughters' hand in marriage."

Seeing the work that Rama had put into rebuilding the temple and the strength he showed while doing it, he knew that Rama was a good man and a good Jedi. He agreed to these terms and they held a formal Alderaan wedding for the both of them before they left the world so that Rama could continue his Jedi training. 

Authors note:
I made this story to resemble the fist time the Rama meet Sita. This time I put a twist on it by applying it to a Star Wars setting. It is similar to the original story because whenever they first meet each other, they fall in love. King Janaka requires that Rama string Shiva's bow in order to marry his daughter. It takes Rama's tremendous strength to put the bow together, but he does and therefore proves himself to King Janaka. Similarly, Rama has to do the same thing by rebuilding the temple that has been destroyed by the bandits so that Shiva can be honored. 


(Alderaan: Wikipedia)

Comments

  1. This story was awesome Casey! I love Star Wars and think that using it was very creative. Your story parallels the original "Rama Wins Sita" story very well. I also think choosing the planet Alderaan as the setting was smart. In Star Wars, Alderan is destroyed by the Death Star much like the temple of Shiva was destroyed in your story. One thing that I think could improve the story is adding dialog between the characters. Dialogue attaches the reader to the charters and their personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Casey! I really liked how you told the story of Rama first meeting Sita and falling in love with her with a Star Wars spin on it. Like many other people, I'm sure, Star Wars is one of my all-time favorite science fiction movie collections. The only thing I personally feel like could be changed, is the names of the characters. Like the comment above, I think attaching dialogue between characters would help enhance the story. It was a great read and a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Casey, this is the princess Sita. Thank you for writing about the day I met my husband, Rama the Jedi. I really appreciate how you emphasized his great skill and power. It seems as if fate brought us together, for if there were no need of him to protect my family and I, we would have never met. I just had a few questions about the story though. Why did you not allow my Rama to go after the bandits when they attacked the temple or why was he not around when they came? He was here to protect us but he let the bandits come and ruin our temple. I hope I wasn't a distraction. Might I suggest that I have a little bit more importance in the story, after all I am the princess. Why did Rama fall in love with me when he met me? Was it my beautiful looks, my intelligence, my bubbly personality? When I married him, that was the happiest day of my life! I politely ask that you allow me to speak about him. I really love hearing the story of when we first met. I will never forget it, thank you for witting about us!
    -Sita the Princess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Casey! Rama as a Jedi name and personality completely and totally works. I feel like I have disappointed my dad for not thinking of it it first! Did you consider, since Jedi cannot marry, writing about the the moral struggle he had between choosing Sita or the destiny he had been training his entire life for? It would be an interesting take on the story, I bet few have done before, if anyone has ever! If you had not, and were looking for another story to write, that would be a really neat topic, I'm sure you could find an epic to base it after-- they face many moral issues. I would also love to read Yoda as a Yogi, and his dialogue would be fun to write! This story has so many possibilities, the entire Ramayana is your oyster. I just love what you have done thus far!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Casey Buller not Bueller

Favorite Places