Week 10EC: Learning by H.E.A.R.T.: Sleep

An Underappreciated Key to College Success: Sleep
I learned that sleep plays an important role in our ability to remember things from that day and the studying that we do that day. I also learned that people who get less sleep are likely to have increased stress and an increased likelihood to drop classes. It confirmed my knowledge that colleges are doing little to counteract this problem or provide information on how to handle this. Something I would like to look into more is how the brains function declines after prolonged time being awake. I'm going to make a more concerted effort to stay on top of my studies and create a regular sleep cycle so that I am getting enough sleep each day.

(ZZZ: NY Times)

Comments

  1. Hi Casey, I was interested in this article because sleep is so important to the success of people and our lives, yet I feel like it often takes a back seat to the things we actually focus on. I know myself, that I could definitely improve my sleep and how much care I put into taking care of myself in that way. I just feel like I always have things to do, but it ends up hurting people in the end, especially college students, who need it the most in my opinion, if we do not take the time and give ourselves what we need.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Casey Buller not Bueller

Favorite Places