Topic Research

I looked into the use of celestial weapons in Hindu writings and how I could incorporate them into a story. Specifically, I looked at the Sharanga. The Sharanga is a celestial bow that is used by Vishnu. Since I am big into Star Wars, I'm thinking about using it in some way to relate by to Star Wars. The bow was crafted by Viswakarma the cosmic architect of these weapons. In the story of Ramayana the person who puts the bow together is Rama. He is able to do this because he is the reincarnation of Vishnu.

The second thing I researched was Ganga. Again, I would try to incorporate it somehow into the Star Wars setting because it is what I am most familiar with. In Hindu, the Ganges is personified with the washing away of sins. It further leads to moksha, which is the liberation from the cycle of life and death in Hinduism. This topic leads further into the discussion of different gods and goddesses that are used within Hindu epics. 

The third topic I researched was Rama. There are obvious connections between the Ramayana and Rama because he is in it. His character is interesting because he is the reincarnation of Vishnu, so he obviously has a lot of power. I think it would be cool to do an overarching theme using Rama as the central figure on his quest to search for the Sharanga because he lost it or something. I haven't quite thought it out exactly, but it is what I am considering so far. 

(Rama Collage: Wikimedia Commons)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Casey Buller not Bueller

Favorite Places